Tuesday, August 31, 2010

My Classroom....and other related "plane" things

My classroom is coming together. I took a couple of pics w/ my phone so you could see sections of it. I still have some pictures to hang, posters to hang, etc.

Thanks to my old college pal, Ian, who sent me some cool stuff from NASA, I think I will make it seem a little more "space" related. I still have a long way to go in that department, that's for sure.

Regardless, it's a work in progress and more pics to come once I get my bulletin boards put together, etc.

The pros of my new room:
-it seems bigger than my old room.
-more student computers
-a bit more technology to mess with/learn
-BIG bulletin boards

The cons of my new room:
-it's old
-the walls are like really crumbly when you try and hammer a nail in it
-a lack of wall space to hang my charts/posters
-a lack of storage compared to my old room...i had more closet space there


It sure is different working in this new school. The teachers are a lot different and the environment is totally different. It's weird to go from a school that was considered at-risk and failing to a school that's passing everything with flying colors, a pilot school, and one that other schools may model themselves after one day. Yeah...it's a lot to swallow. High school teachers seem so different than middle school teachers.







1 comment:

Briana said...

I like the fact that with your lack of space you at least got the most important poster hung! Go Cycolnes!