Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Success

The first day of school was a success. The kids are awesome. period. We had an all-school assembly (our first to plan as an ASB) and it is a lot of pressure--you know, our first impression we "imprint" upon the school and all. We planned everything out carefully and the principal told me that it was the best first day of school assembly they have EVER had. :) :) It was really fun and the kids did such a great job helping pull everything together. I was a little worried yesterday at practice, but it all came together this a.m. :) We performed an ASB dance in front of the entire student body and staff and it was a little nerve-wracking b/c I am new, but in the end, it was awesome. I put AHS tube socks over my black leggings (I wore a dress) and wore my Jordan shoes. LOL It was pretty silly but that's okay. I felt like I still had to separate myself from the kids so I kept my professional wear on. The spirit competition was really funny and if I can get a link to it on YOuTube, I'll post it up. It was hilarious..too difficult to explain here but the kids loved watching it. The school is so full of spirit and so positive...it's just SO NICE to be in a place like that. I had a lot of nervousness about it, not knowing what exactly to expect, but my first impressions are pretty freaking awesome. :) Thank you, Tami for talking me into making that call.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you had a good start. Love, mom

Megan said...

Sounds like a great first day! Cheers to your new adventure! :)

Tyler-Ashlee's Mommy said...

So glad it went so well!