Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Prom

Prom was at the EMP this year and it was a lot of fun. Next year, Dj is coming with me. He stayed home to watch the kids so we wouldn't have to pay a babysitter two weeks in a row. The weather held out until about midnight and then I ran through pouring rain to my car. it was a beautiful event complete with cookies on a stick, caramel dipping that included cookies, fruit, graham crackers, etc. and nuts, butterfinger mix, marshmallows and more to sprinkle on top. It was a pretty nice spread.

Prior to the event, the staff who agreed to chaperone met up at Old Spaghetti Factory downtown. It has been years since I've been to this specific location...the last time was pre-children. HINT HINT. The great thing about OSF is that it's decent food and cheap. Like really cheap. LIke you can get bread, salad, your entree and ice cream for $12. Seriously. It's almost like Fazolli's cheap but the food is not quite as good in my humble opinion.

The kids were pretty good at the dance (we had to break up a few "sex scenes" on the dance floor) and they loved the venue.

I only remembered to snap a couple of pictures. Here are two of nearly the same pic. with my friend, Bonnie from school. She is our bookkeeper and has been so wonderful to me this year and helped me out as I stepped into the new role as ASB Advisor. She just accepted a job with TFA in Las Vegas, so she'll be leaving us at the end of the year. She is so knowledgeable and has been in our district for a long time, so I am not sure who will be able to fill her shoes...

These two pics were taken towards the end of the night.


No comments: