Tuesday, November 23, 2010
We had some snow in our area overnight and as a result, school as cancelled today. We were dismissed from school yesterday 90 minutes early and I think that there was a very low level of student engagement during class yesterday b/c the kids were all freaking out about the snow and couldn't concentrate on anything else. :) Today, my kiddos are home w/ me and I have an extra day off this week, for a total of 6 days off in a row. :) It is much-needed. I worked out this morning, corrected a few papers, emailed a few people, read all of my articles for my class this week, watched the videos and took two quizzes. I took my kids outside to pull them around in the sled for a few minutes and then let them play in the snow with shovels and little pails from our sandbox. Brynn wanted to make a snow-angel. After that, we returned to our warm house for some popcorn, M&M's and a movie. It's been a pretty good day off.
Things I am thankful for after reflecting yesterday's events:
1. We made it home after a 2.5 hour drive. It's a 9 mile journey, normally.
2. I didn't crash my car.
3. My car didn't spin backwards down a huge hill.
4. Four lovely gentlemen pushed me up the hill into a parking lot until Dj arrived.
5. We picked up our kids and made it home safe and sound.
6. We didn't have to drive to school or daycare today in the mess.
7. My kids rediscovered their love for snow.
8. My kids' boots and snow pants we purchased last year STILL fit.
9. I have an extra day to get some important tasks finished, including scoping out and planning my Black Friday excursion. This year we're taking iPods for the kids to listen to while we shop...GENIUS!
10. Dj spent half of his work day yesterday driving to drop off, follow, or pick up. ♥
Posted by Sarah at 4:51 PM