Tuesday, January 11, 2011

They are inseparable



So last night, these two children of mine decided they did not want to go to sleep. We put them in bed a little later than normal around 8:30 p.m. They were both still awake at 9:42 p.m. YES you read that one correctly. I was downstairs working on some school stuff and Dj was upstairs working on "work stuff". Low and behold, he hears some noise so he walks into their bedroom and both of them are laying in the same bed! Baylen is laying next to Brynn and they are just giggling. Dj tells Baylen to get back into bed sternly and reminds them they will have to get up early in the morning to go to school. Minutes later, they are asleep.

Tonight at dinner, I had this conversation with them.

Me: Now, you two look at me.

They both look at me with their cute little "What did we do?" looks

Me: You two need to promise me that you are going to go right to sleep tonight when you lay in bed. You're not going to get out of your bed, Baylen, and you are going to go to sleep.

B2: Okay Mommy.

Me: I mean it. You need to get your rest. That means you need to sleep in your own beds and not sleep in the same bed.

At that exact moment they both look at each other and just giggle and giggle and I smile at them and laugh with them. They both gave me that look like, "How did you know, mom?" :) It was cute.

Brynn: (matter-of-factly): But mom, we just wanted you to see us sleeping in the same bed. And Baylen wanted to snuggle with me.

No comments: