Wednesday, November 12, 2008

I'm spent

Baylen slept like C*** last night. Well, the first half of the night anyway. He was so tired he went down about 8, maybe a little before. he slept in his crib until 9:30. Woke up. I brought him down and let him fall back asleep. He woke at 10:30 and was up until midnight when he finally crashed and slept until 5:30 a.m. I let him cry it out after I gave him ANOTHER bottle at 11:30 p.m. He screamed SO loud at the top of his lungs for 10 straight minutes. I thought that our neighbors were going to think something really bad was happening b/c he was screaming bloody murder. So, I went and picked him up and he fell asleep in my arms. 10 min. later after he was out for the count, I put him back in his bed and prayed he'd sleep the rest of the night. Success! (He was probably worn out from crying so hard.) Although, it would have been nice if he had slept from 8-5:30 straight. BTW: Where do I sign up to get one of those kind of sleepers? Seriously. Ugh...I am sooooooooooooooooooooooo freaking tired today. I can barely keep my eyes open. I could never be a full-time single parent.

2 comments:

Samantha said...

I totally feel your pain on the sleep issue. I went to a volunteer group last night and the lady there was bragging about her 7 month old sleeping through the night. I wanted to punch her.

As for the diaper rash, Henry has used it all and vasaline really works well for him. He has one spot that we are using antibiotic ointment on but other than that, for diaper rash vasaline works best for him. Everybaby is different obviously but if you haven't given it a shot, it's an idea of a different treatment.

Briana said...

Olive used to be a great sleeper. She slept through the night at about 8 weeks old. But now it's hit or miss with her. I try never to get her out of her crib though. So it's constantly a battle of walking from my room to hers (they are the furthest apart from one another) and tucking her back in again or giving her the pacifier back, or turning on the aquarium. So frustrating.

Olive's on her 5th kind of diaper rash cream. For a while A&D was working, but now I have resorted to Triple Paste. She gets a bad rash when her teeth are coming through. Hopefully now that all 8 have broken through the surface it'll go away.