Tuesday, November 25, 2008

I'm Thankful...

Briana's post earlier today inspired me to do the same...

I am thankful for...

1. My family--we have grown into a family of four and through all of our ups and downs, every day brings something new, something to look forward to, and something to appreciate.

2. Dj--Thanks for keeping me sane. Your ability to see things from a different perspective always helps me reevaluate what really matters. You keep me grounded and our children so so very lucky to have you as their daddy. I'm thankful you are able to see past my faults and my ability to fly off the handle at times. I am thankful you have been with me every step of the way...through it all and you haven't run away. haha

3. Brynna--thank you for being so honest and for wearing your heart on your sleeve. Thank you for making me laugh every single day, reminding me that parenthood is no easy task, that it's wonderful to be so curious, and giving me that feeling of total happiness when you smile, you say you love us, and hug and kiss on your brother. Thank you for your bossy, take charge attitude, and your sweet, sweet demeanor. I'm so thankful you are my firstborn.

4. Baylen--I'm thankful for your kisses and hugs...that you're a momma's boy through and through. I'm thankful for your happy-go-lucky personality, who always wants to be included, and is full of more energy than I can measure. Thank you for re-teaching me the importance of patience, reminding me that I can't control everything, sleep is overrated, and there's not always a right answer. Thank you for your giggles and handsome smile, your "lovey" ways, still making the time to cuddle with me every night, giving me that warm fuzzy feeling that only moms can really feel. I'm so thankful you are my "baby."

5. My parents back home in Iowa...*sigh* I miss you more than you know. Thank you for always being there for me when I need you. Thank you for being the best grandparents to our children and loving us for who we are.

6. My sister and brothers: I couldn't imagine what life would be like without you three. I wish we lived closer to each other so I could see you all more often. Our last trip to Ferg's was WAY too much fun and I'm thankful for those times when we laugh all night long.

7. Grandma Ruth--I'm thankful that you have always been in my life for the past 29 years. Thank you for being a positive influence and showing me how to be strong even when I didn't want to be.

8. My health--I'm thankful for my good health and I pray that I continue to have good health for many, many years to come.

9. Our (Dj's and my) jobs. Whew...in these difficult times, I feel pretty secure. Thank God for that. I'm also thankful for all of the wonderful weeks and summers I have off to spend with my kids and hubs. I'm also thankful that Apple continues to thrive and for everyone who continues to buy iPods and iMacs. I'm thankful for my fabulous colleagues and I'm thankful I have had so many WONDERFUL students the past 8 years..seriously, that is why I stay at CMS...those kids mean the world to me.

10. My friends--thank you for keeping in touch with me and always including me...you know who you are....and for a few of you who live far away....wow, I miss you soooooo much. For those who live close, thank you for all that you do for us. I'm so thankful to have such an incredible group of friends.

11. Our home...we have a roof over our heads, and yes, though crowded at times, I am thankful we are warm and safe.

12. Our cats--Zoey and Cammy--these were my first "babies" and I'm thankful they have adjusted and embraced our two new babies who have joined us within these last two years.