Monday, November 2, 2009

Are they Twins? part 2


The older Baylen gets, the taller he grows, the more often I am asked if B & B are twins. My answer is always the same. No. It never fails that the follow-up question is, "How far apart are they in age?" I should respond with "Not far enough" but instead, I politely answer: "18 months." I wonder how people would react if I said what I'm really thinking in my head sometimes.

Men ask the most often if they are twins and right behind them are elderly women.

One of these days, no one is going to believe me if Baylen continues growing.

6 comments:

Briana said...

We get the same question about the boys. Quinn is only a couple inches shorter than Logan now and he weighs 1 lb more and they are 23 months apart.

Megan said...

I am sure that question gets so old! So fun that they are good buddies (most of the time)! :)

Tyler-Ashlee's Mommy said...

My friend has twins, but one is smaller than the other, so they are constantly telling her they can't be twins (but they also call them boys even though they are always dressed in girls clothes and their ears are pierced). People just need to learn to keep their mouth shut (can you tell I've been pregnant entirely too long now?) :)

Samantha said...

They look like such stinkers! In a good way. :)

Bekah said...

I remember a few Christmases ago, when my sister was explaining to my nephews that oldest doesn't equal tallest/biggest. My nephews, Walker and Cyote were all but crushed by the idea that Ethan could be taller. I think they're getting their licks in now why they still have the height/size advantage. Heck, I think Anna will be taller than Cyote.

Abby said...

Oh yes, my mom warned me for years that some day my brother would be taller than me and get me back for picking on him. Sure enough, he is 6'5"!