Thursday, November 26, 2009

Turkey Turkey



Happy Thanksgiving from our family to yours. We just snapped a couple of pics b/f we left for dinner tonight. I don't spend all day cooking in the kitchen for my family. It's just not my thing. If we had people over, or went somewhere, then that would be different, and I'd contribute. But we don't. So, instead, we go out to eat. And I had steak. I'm not a big turkey person. But steak: now you're talkin'. Being far from home during any holiday always makes me a little bit sad. So I'm trying not to feel sorry for myself, thinking that Christmas is a short 3 1/2 weeks away and then we'll be able to spend some time with family. It will be here before we know it.

I have so much to be thankful for. This day reminds me of everyone and everything that is good in my life.

3 comments:

Megan said...

You guys look great all dressed up!! I hope that you had a nice dinner!! You're right, Christmas will be here VERY soon! Can't wait to see you (hopefully)!! :)

Samantha said...

Well, at least you know it isn't your thing and do something as a family that is enjoyable. Glad you had a good thanksgiving!

Bekah said...

Hope dinner was great! And you didn't have to do any cleanup!