Friday, November 6, 2009

Poop and all things related...

So the past couple of weeks, we've been studying memoirs in my LA classes. I have been reading a variety of pieces to the kids and came across one from David Sedaris about poop. It's real title is "Big Boy" and the story is all about him going over to a friend's house for Easter and he walks into the bathroom only to find a huge turd sitting in the toilet. He tries to flush it several times and even thinks about chucking it out the window, because he doesn't want the person knocking on the door to think it was his. The story is hilarious. In fact, if you've never read David Sedaris, you are missing out. There's another story called "Tricked" and it's equally funny.

Anyway, so after we read it and the kids were giggling, I shared a personal story about a poop-related incident that happened in college at Dj's fraternity. The kids were just rolling. All of a sudden, a student, who I always tease, Khalid, raises his hand giggling and says, "I have a story about poop, can I share?" I said, "Sure." So he says, "Well, once my brother dared me to do it to his friend, who was one of our neighbors, so I pooped in a bag and then put it in their mailbox." Although this is illegal, I lost it. I was laughing and the kids were laughing and I started crying I was laughing so hard. I then asked, "So...how did you get the poop in the bag?" He was like, "Well, I just put the bag over the toilet and then pooped in it." LOL Ohhh a day filled with poop. The kids all made the comment they will never forget this day in class. haha Good times with middle schoolers. ;0

2 comments:

Samantha said...

I am one of those people who could laugh about poop all day long! I would have loved to be a fly on the wall in your class today!

Kris B said...

We're studying memoirs, too! Could you have a kid type a copy for me, then email it? I'd love you forever!! buttsk@hsd3.org
PS- You're my hero :)