Sunday, November 29, 2009

Snow




We went to play in the snow today about an hour away in the mountains. How convenient is it to live that close to snow yet not have it in your own yard?! I call that pure bliss. We met T & B there and even though I knew we'd probably go today, I was not prepared. So here I was an hour prior running into Target to pick up snowpants and a little sled. Yeah. I should have planned ahead b/c the only snowpants left in Baylen's size were orange and gray and they did not match his coat. Oh well. Luckily, I found a pink pair for Brynn. Brynna really enjoyed the snow. She wasn't rolling around in it like Cade was (who LOVED it!!) but she enjoyed sledding around (Dj or I pulling them in the sled) and I did get her to make a snow angel (kind of)...she understood how to do the feet but not that she needed to move her arms and hands simultaneously. Baylen liked the snow but didn't want to sit in it or lay in it. You know how toddlers always think they never want to try anything but then we try and get them to test the waters and usually they end up liking it? Baylen and trying a snow angel: not so much. The kids would just giggle when we pulled them in the sled and loved it. Brynn held on to Tyler in one sled for awhile and Dj pulled Baylen, Brynn and I in the sled for a bit. At one point, we got stuck and Brian had to help push us out. I was laughing so hard and I almost peed my pants! That's when I decided to get out of the sled and walk. I think Dj was grateful too. hahahaha

It was a nice 39 degrees and it was perfect. The snow was super slick/wet and deep in places. At any moment when walking, we would fall right through into the deep snow. I fell like 5 times when we were trying to get a pic taken together. LOL I was laughing so hard. Snow bunny I am not.


3 comments:

Samantha said...

I would love to have snow that we can visit and then leave behind! I envy that! The kids are so cute in their snowpants and hats. Where did you get Baylen's boots? I have a pair for Henry but his legs are so short, they almost cover his knees! yikes! Looks like so much fun!

Briana said...

Looks like lots of fun! We don't have snow here yet, but I'm sure it won't be long and then we'll be stuck with it until almost May. So I'm definitely not rushing it just yet! I have had the kids' coats and snow pants since August though! I got a great deal on last year's stuff from LL Bean.com I'd love to be able to visit the snow and then return home where there wasn't any. I definitely live in the wrong state to wish for that!

Tyler & Ashlee's Mommy said...

great pictures!!