Saturday, March 27, 2010
ETA: the state has pre-approved my school for the grant. amount of $ to be determined SOON. that means we are moving forward w/ transformation...
I wish I had something interesting to post but I don't have much. The latest update on our school's situation is that at our staff meeting on Wednesday, we were told that the state did not expect that 41 of the named 47 schools would apply for the grant money. They figured only half of the schools would apply in the first place...um...HELLO? I can't even believe they'd think that with so many budget cuts the state will experience next year. DUH! Anyway, because so many schools applied, that means that a large amount of them will NOT receive any money. Surprise, surprise! :( Apparently, our school and the other middle school in the district made it to the next round but the state told our district people it needed some "buffing" around the edges. They might know more either yesterday or in 3 weeks. Ridiculous! As usual, we're going to operate last-minute, if we don't find out for another month. It's very frustrating. However, if we DON'T get the money, then that may mean we won't have to replace our principal or go through the transformation process necessarily. Really, it's not surprising. I mean, many of us knew from the beginning that the money was just a little carrot dangling and b/c it was so unclear as to what the amt. would be, many of us knew we would probably never see it, or see very little. I guess we'll have to just wait until we hear back. Maybe I'll be surprised.
Posted by Sarah at 9:08 AM