Monday, May 12, 2008

Ballad of a Happy Momma







For so long I have wanted to become a mother. Before our two babies were born, we experienced nearly two years of heartbreak and sadness. I wasn't sure it it was possible for us to have children. There were times when I felt like I couldn't get past the sadness and wherever I looked, I saw babies or pregnant mommies. Time seemed to stand still back in that part of my life. I had always felt like I had that motherly instinct and I desperately wanted babies!

Thankfully, God heard my plea for help and kindly answered our prayers. In September of 2006, we were blessed with our firstborn, Brynna. She is our little Peanut Princess Bee and is the smartest little girl. She talks all the time and can say so many words and phrases. She sings, dances, plays with her baby dolls, puts puzzles together, uses sign language, and her new love is watching Elmo on TV. Her teachers at daycare tell me that Brynna is very advanced for her age. Brynna loves to be read to and I could probably type out all of the lines and stories from each of her very favorite books b/c we read those "for sure" every day/night. :) I love this little girl with all of my heart. She has taught me so much about enjoying the small things in life and appreciating every "moment" life has to offer.

Life has a beautiful way of working out, especially when you don't expect it. Our little Baylen boy (aka Porkchop) joined us in March of 2008. He is becoming more easy-going every day. He's a smiley little guy and pretty vocal at times. Bay's temper is very forward and loud. He doesn't hide anything back! He is our big man on campus--a BIG BOY with a BIG appetite and my adorable chunky monkey. Dj laughs and reminds me every hour when Baylen wants to eat, that he's our money maker--he's going to be our NFL Star an take care of his mommy and daddy when he grows up. (gee I hope so!) I love this little guy with all of my heart and he, too, has taught me the importance of patience, embracing life's surprises, and not to sweat the small stuff. :)

God has blessed us with two beautiful and amazing children. With happy tears in my eyes, I thank Him everyday for the miracles of life he has given to us. He has helped make one of my dreams come true.

I could not be the mother I am today without the help and love of my better half. My dear husband has dealt with two years of a pregnant woman full of hormones. Any guy who can handle that two years in a row deserves some kind of award. Seriously. I love Dj so much. He has been there for me in the saddest and most joyful times in my life. We have been able to share in the joys that parenthood brings each and every second of the day, which we cherish more than anything. He is an amazing father and an amazing husband. He, too, has been a MAJOR part of making this dream happen.

Of course, I had wonderful role models who showed me "the ropes." My mommy is an awesome mother! My grandma is also supermom! I can't believe how calm and collected they are after raising so many kids throughout the years. They have both loved and supported me. They have both exhibited qualities of beautiful human beings and moms, such as kindness, the importance of forgiveness, friendship, and unconditional love.

Thank you to all of you who have helped mold me into the mommy I am today.

3 comments:

Briana said...

Awww, what a sweet post. So glad that you are in this motherhood journey with me! I can't wait to see you and meet Baylen in October!

Tyler-Ashlee's Mommy said...

Awesome post

Megan said...

Aww Fitzy...you're makin my cry! :) Sooo happy for you guys and your two beautiful babes! When I was preggo w/ Lydia, I had a few freak out moments when I wondered what we were in for, but I always reminded myself that you told me that being a mom is the greatest thing in the whole wide world!!! You sure are right about that. Parenthood is the most amazing thing Kevin and I have ever experienced!