Tuesday, May 27, 2008

My Little Man and Princess Peanut




Yesterday and today, Brynn has been obsessed with blowing bubbles outside with her new BIG bubble wand she got from her friend, Cade. She gets so excited to go out on the patio and take turns "mommy's turn" "my turn" "daddy's turn" (she says) and blow bubbles with the big wand. Yesterday there was some good wind, so the bubbles were really big and really blowing all over. Today was more challenging to get big bubbles b/c it was pretty calm outside. She loves chasing them and trying to pop them, as well as just stand at the gate and watch them float away.

in other exciting news, this weekend, Brynn went potty in the toilet four days in a row!!! we are on a roll! Although, we had one minor set-back this evening when we sat her on b/f her bath and she didn't go...then I let her down, naked and she ran in her room and peed on the floor on the carpet. Whoops! She was actually pretty embarrassed and we didn't scold her or anything, but she knew that it wasn't supposed to end up on the carpet. I tried to explain to her that accidents happen and it was okay...but next time, to try and go in the potty instead of on the floor.

Baylen is good...he had a full day of one poopy diaper after another, which now explains why he was "high maintenance harry"/Mr. crabby pants on Sunday....he must have been really plugged up or something, because yesterday, he unloaded and I think he felt much better b/c he was such a fun little guy and all smiles all day long. I was looking at some of his baby pics from when he was just born and he had SO much hair! Now he's really bald and keeps losing more and more of his hair...poor guy! The same thing happened to Brynnie too...I just hope he is able to grow some of his hair back sooner than Brynn did...cuz he hates to wear hats! His acid reflux seems to be acting up today b/c he has been spitting buckets since I got home from work, and blessed Mary b/f she went to work, causing her to change into another outfit. I am like you, Megan and agree that baby spit-up is definitely my new accessory...I think today alone I got spit up on probably 10 times. yikes! I just hope he can grow out of it...poor little guy!

2 comments:

Briana said...

I love blowing bubbles with the kids! Heck, I used to have bubbles in my room in college too!

Sorry he's been spitting up alot lately. I don't even know how you deal. None of my kids have spit up really. But Olvie seems to get the hiccups all the time and it's so hard to help her get rid of them.

jeremy said...

What a beautiful family! And you look fabulous! How's the west coast? Jeremy and I have been out here on the east coast for 6 years! We're heading home for good in August! Drop a line when you can! c.rudd@mebbs.com
Love,
Chrissy (Keller) Rudd