Thursday, May 22, 2008

today is my birthday

I am 29 today....that obviously makes me one year closer to 30. I always told myself when I reached 30 I would feel so old, but really, 30 is the new 20, right?! ha! I had a great day. A couple of my students bought me a balloon and a card, so that was really nice! My sister, husband and kids also showered me with a wonderful evening of gifts and fun! :) My sister bought me a pedicure, which is fantastic and I CAN"T WAIT to go and get it done. My kids bought me a gift cert. to my favorite scrapbooking shop, and Dj bought me this ring which I have been wanting since it was added to the collection (late fall/early winter).

We went out to eat tonight at California Pizza Kitchen which was yummy! Mary then took us out for ice cream which was also verrry yummy!

Thank you for a great day, everyone! :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday! Sounds like a fun day! I use to think 30 was old too... I'm coming up on 27 this summer and now I don't even consider 40 to be old!

Briana said...

Sounds like you had a great day! I too thought I'd feel that 30 was old when I got there too, but I'm feeling better about it now. I turn 30 on January 3rd, so I'll tell you if I feel old or not then! :)

Megan said...

So glad you had a great day! I thought about trying to get you a pedicure, so I'm glad your sis did! I think I have that ring, love it! I thought that it was had to get used to wearing though.