Tuesday, January 13, 2009

10 Months Old


Who would have thought I'd be posting this 10 month old blog already?! In two short months, my son will be a year old. I just cannot fathom where the time has gone. I swear that after we had Baylen, he grew up faster than I ever imagined he would. Is it because we have been so crazy-busy with two children so close together in age?! Most likely.

Our little Mister is so close to walking. He's pushing the stroller, Brynn's trike, and his push toy everywhere and grinning from ear-to-ear. He's standing for longer periods of time each day.

He tries to climb the stairs (and can make it to the top) every chance he gets.

He has another tooth, which came this weekend! It is his top/front left tooth. This means he's now up to 5 teeth. He still looks like a little vampire though, with his side teeth growing in more and more each day.

His sleep patterns are all screwed up lately. It's b/c we went to IA, then came back, then switched beds and mattresses. Dj switched his mattress back to his former one and last night, he did much better. There have been probably 6 nights this past month he's slept through the night. This is HUGE for him and us.

He is starting to slim down. Believe it or not, it's true. His waist is so long and skinny and a lot of his pants are too big in that area. His legs are still chunky-monkey, but even his hands, FEET and arms have toned up/slimmed down. I can get shoes on his feet (size 4 and 5...thanks Parker!!)

He is enjoying more people food, and often, wants to eat what we're having instead of his baby food. He loves Ritz crackers and toast. He also enjoys french fries. (I know, real healthy choices there) He has recently started going into the dining room at daycare to try out eating breakfast with all the "big" kids and the past two days, and he's been doing very well.

Mr. Social. He's talking so much these days--just babbles all sorts of sounds, but lately has been saying "Ooooohhh" when something surprising or interesting happens, or when he discovers something new. It's really cute.

Can throw a ball and loves to play this game with Brynn when she isn't crabby about it being HER ball...even when they're playing with HIS ball she insists both are hers. But he just goes w/ the flow.

He shakes his head no and waves "hi"

He signs "all done" when he's finished eating and FREAKS if we don't get him washed off right that second!

Screeches and hangs on for dear life when Brynna tries to take ANYTHING from him. He has even learned to put his hand out and try and block her. This is way funny to watch.

Loves noise toys.

Is still a pretty easy-going kid. He rolls with it.

He has been enjoying listening to books more and more....but they have to be short or he's outta there.

He dances whenever he hears music. (LOVE IT) and he thinks he's the man whenever he's bouncing to the beat. He also bobs his head to the music while he's bouncing. So hilarious! My little Justin Timberlake haha

Each day I just see more and more how he is growing out of his little baby stages. My "little" baby days with him are ending so soon and it's so not fair! I remember experiencing this feeling with Brynn and not really knowing how to move past my beloved months we spent with her as a baby girl. I guess I have to keep reminding myself that once they turn one, our little ones surprise us with something new nearly every single day--they are like little sponges and that is a whole lot of fun too. And by age 2.....all I can say is HILARIOUS.LITTLE.PEOPLE.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, it totally doesn't feel like 10 months has gone by, and I don't even live it everyday like you do. What a handsome little guy!

Briana said...

I agree, it goes by too quickly and isn't fair!

Megan said...

He is totally Mr. Personality, Fitz! It's hard to believe that the time has gone so fast. Each day is soooo much fun!

April said...

I was just looking at your new photo of the B's and Jay came up and I showed him... he asked "are they twins?" After that I had to giggle at your "little" guy and his "big" sister.

Samantha said...

he is so stinking cute! He is a busy guy!