Sunday, January 11, 2009

Happy New Year..a little late



We rung in 2009 with the best company. I only have a couple of photos b/c the rest are on Dj's good camera. Anyway, here are 2 and we had the best time at Megan's house seeing you all. (Abby, Brian, Nikki, Klas, Bekkah, Amy R., Heather R., Megan, Kevin, Lydia, Amanda (baby girl), Jason, Wookie, Amy and Miss Ashley). It was a really fun time. I think I drank..wait...I KNOW I consumed too many drinks, but I guess it had been awhile since I had done that...a LONNNNNNG while. We celebrated without our children and it was nice to have a little night off and just be adults and have adult fun. I felt like I had so much more time to talk with everyone and not feel like I was constantly running after a child. :)

I have made a few New Year's resolutions and I hope they will stick.

1. Continue to lose weight. I have done a good job thus far, weighing a little less than I did before I was pregnant w/ Brynn. But I would like to lose about 5 more pounds and tone up, esp. in my tummy area. I will continue to work out 3 days a week or more after school. I've been mostly running on the treadmill and lifting weights.

2. To find a massage therapist. My insurance pays for like 40 a year....I need to get on this!!! I think this will help with stress levels and

3. To buy a Wii Fit. I have some of the $ I received from Christmas, so I'll continue to save until I have enough or until amazon.com has them in stock again. This will allow be to work out more at home on the weekends.

4. To try Yoga. The Wii Fit should help with this a lot, but my main reason for trying this out is because I need to really work on stretching out my muscles and body more. I have noticed the older I get, the stiffer and more sore I become after working out or playing vb or bb games. I also think if I stretched using Yoga that it would help my strength training and help me feel better.

5. To narrow my pop drinking to one a day. Right now I'm at two. This will continue until my son decides it is cool to sleep through the night 90-100% of the time. But it's still on my list.

6. To be more patient. I feel so tired all the time due to my child not sleeping all that well, that it wears me down and my patience levels are shot by the end of the day. It is not fair to anyone or anything I take it out on.

7. To just get a babysitter every once in awhile--like maybe once a month and go out with my hubs and do something with just the two of us. We do not do this hardly EVER.

8. To pay off my credit card. I need to work on not buying anything for myself or my kids for awhile until I get this paid off.

9. To enjoy each moment with my kids b/c it is just flying by. I don't always do this...life gets in the way sometimes and I need to just stop and smell the roses more often than I have been the past couple of months.

A lot of resolutions, I know, but all of them are definitely doable.

1 comment:

Tyler-Ashlee's Mommy said...

I wish I could have joined you guys!