Thursday, January 29, 2009

I am a Twilight junkie


I am addicted to the phenomenon that is the Twilight series. When the book first came out, I was reluctant to pick it up, but as I heard more people talking about it, I decided to read it and see for myself. I was pleasantly surprised and found myself hooked not long after opening the front cover. It was a fabulous read. Now I feel I am definitely experienced in the young adult reading world, as I try to read at least 10 YA books a year or more, which I fit inbetween my adult selections. One summer I read almost 30 YA books. (This was pre-kids, mind you.) This has, hands down, been one of the best I've read in awhile. I totally get why the girls in my class are loving the series. It's everything they want for themselves--a boy who adores them for who they are, who can save and protect them from anything, who is great looking, strong, and mysterious. It's a love story for modern day romance junkies. And the way I picture Edward...who wouldn't want a piece of that?! haha

5 comments:

Briana said...

I'm still resisting the urge to get sucked in!

Tyler-Ashlee's Mommy said...

That's nice that you do that, helps to relate with the kids, which I'm sure they love (and love you anyway!)

I hear the book is awesome. I'll read it eventually. It's hard to find time to read. I watch too much TV, bad, I know.

Erin said...

Love, Love, Love the twilight books!! So good... I just finished the 4th one last week. Go to stephanie meyer's website and read Midnight Sun... It's twilight rewritten from Edward's perspective. Huge Twilight junkie also!!! Want to see the movie

Anonymous said...

I'm just starting Breaking Dawn... I've really enjoyed the first 3.

Cari said...

Love those books, the movie not as good, but worth watching. Seriously Kati and Brianna, read them!