Friday, January 30, 2009

Happy Weekend!



Who are you rooting for in the SuperBowl this weekend? I am definitely hoping the AZ Cardinals pull out a win. The Steelers already cheated their way to one SB win when they supposedly beat the Seahawks. So hopefully this game will be fair and the refs will not favor the wrong team.

Dj is still fighting through this pneumonia thing, which really sucks. I can't even imagine how he must feel. Every time he coughs, I can tell it's so painful. I am taking both kids on my own shopping to the outlet mall tomorrow for awhile to give him some time to rest or relax.

Baylen seems to be getting over his ear infection. The meds are all gone and he has a check-up w/ Dr. D. on Monday afternoon. HOpefully all is well. His little mouth is breaking out from all of his slobbering and teething going on. His teeth are growing in by the minute, it seems. He has been sleeping wonderfully this week. That's all I'm going to say about that.
BTW: Did you notice his shirt says "I'm Irresistible" and his whole top is full of slobber? love it.

Brynn also seems to be getting over her cold as well. She's been in good spirits, just tired early on after we get home from school. She has been recognizing the color red all week and I'm loving it. I can't take any credit for her knowing orange, green, or yellow, BUT I totally taught her red and I am so proud of her. We kept working and working on it for several days, and she has it down. It's awesome. She seems to know blue too, but I'm going to be testing that color this week to see if she really does know it or just got lucky the couple of times I asked her. :) She has gone potty on the potty chair a couple of times on her own at home this week, which is a big step, and once or twice at daycare. Hopefully that will continue.

The kids at school have been squirrelly this week. Really. Today was bad, especially 6th period. Come to find out, there was a BIG fight scheduled over at the lake next door. I guess it was going to be between a couple of high school kids. There were about 100 cars there after school and then the police showed up and I think the crowd dissipated. I think that many of our kids were getting texts and stuff b/c you could just feel it in the air that something was going down/going on. I forget how much I dread the spring with 8th graders. Seriously they end up acting like they're from another planet by the time June rolls around. Not all of them act this way, but quite a few. I've had it up to here with about 6 boys in my 6th period class. They are enough to make me want to lose it. I pulled all 6 after class yesterday and told them I was done with them. They needed to figure it out and fast. If they continued to come into class and screw around, I was going to call their mothers and let them know about their immature behaviors. They were better today but not great. I know the fight situation never helps. I sent one kid out on a think time today so hopefully that sent a message loud and clear. Ugh I am so DONE with immature little boys. I guess I'd rather deal with that than the nasty behaviors that some students exhibit in other classrooms. This, I can handle. They will fear me if they don't knock it off, though. haha. I used to be such a nice teacher back in the day. But, the last few years, I don't put up with shit. We just don't have the time. When I am teaching kids who have reading levels below the 8th grade, we have serious work to do and only 55 minutes to get it done a day. It's all business. I have to get these kids ready for high school, hopefully college, and the real damn world. For those little boys of mine who are still immature in a few years...yikes...the real world will be a rude awakening for them. I told one of my crazy boys a few days ago that he better figure it out because high school girls don't like immature little boys. I think he got the hint. At least I hope so.

1 comment:

Megan said...

You're such a good teacher Fitz! Way to whip 'em into shape! :)

B&B look so cute in their Valentine shirts!!