Monday, June 22, 2009

School's out for the summa!

YESSSS! Our last half day was today! It was a great day. I put together a 27 minute slideshow for the 8th grade kiddos and that entertained them for the last part of 5th and all of 6th period. School ended at 11:10 so that was nice. Once again, year #8, I cried as the kids left campus. I will miss them. It was a good class this year, once again. I hear the upcoming sevies are just as nice, and I know a few of the girls from VB and they are AWESOME kids. Anyway, it was a good last day even if it was a Monday. We have quite a few people leaving our school but not necessarily by choice...because of RIF's and getting moved to other schools due to budget issues. It was sad to learn of all that were leaving. :( And the BEST part about being a teacher: today was also the B & B's last day of school. I will take them tomorrow to see Bug Safari at their school b/c it's going to be this guy who shows his BUGS up close and personal! LOL (YUCK!) and Brynn is SO excited. It will be fun to see her friends again but I think she's a little confused that she'll be staying home all summer. After all, we usually take a lonnnng trip back to Iowa for the summer, but this time around, sadly, we are not. However, some of her friend's moms have asked for our # for playdates this summer, and we have a few other friends we'll be chilling with too, so she will be plenty busy.

Oh, and I loved Briana's idea of taking a picture of the kids on their first day of school and their last, so I'l post those later tonight if I can.

Baylen on August 19, 2008:


Baylen on June 22, 2009

2 comments:

Tyler-Ashlee's Mommy said...

Look at the change!!

Megan said...

My has he changed!! His hair looks a lot lighter! Is it for real? He's so darn cute!!