Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Yoga Yo!

Aside from the Wii Fit, today was the first official day I have ever tried yoga. It was really fun and I think I stretched body parts I didn't know I had until today. It felt really good. I like the yoga on the Wii Fit, but today we got "down and dirty" doing all sorts of poses I can't do on the WF. I bought a mat this last weekend and tested it out. So far, so good. A teacher at school is helping me learn. She has it on her iPod and then a poster of moves we follow if we are "new" to the class. It was relaxing and just what I needed after a lonnnnnng day. IT was so hot today here and the kids were NOT focused at all. I hate the end of the year when they are like this!! Yoga helped me release those endorphins and rejuvenate before tomorrow...

BTW: Tomorrow, Young Adult author Gary Paulsen is going to be at our school! I am SO excited!

4 comments:

April said...

I do yoga ~ 3 x per week. Better balance, flexibility, sanity, calmness, and good for my ankle. Do it by yourself for a while (I did) then go to a class, it is 10x better to have someone there with pointers. The key is finding a good instructor. I've had ones I couldn't hear/understand and ones I just didn't like. I go to Gold's for now, so it isn't an added expense outside of my regular gym membership.

April said...

I say do it yourself at first so you learn some stuff and don't feel embarrassed when you go to class, you can at least follow along and not stick out!

Megan said...

It's amazing how great it makes ya feel, huh!? I wish that the Wii had a yoga routine instead of having to do poses 1 at a time. I wonder if the new EA Sports for the Wii will have something like that. Pilates is similar and I have some dvds that I like a lot too.

Samantha said...

I loved gary paulsen!!! how fun!