Monday, July 13, 2009

more crafts

I bought these little tins at the dollar store about a month or two ago and planned to use them for something completely different. When I opened them, I decided my original plan would not work. So, I then thought they would be neat to create letter and sound tins. I picked up a few little painted wooden items from Michaels for 25 cents a piece. Then, I used my Cricut to cut letters and my Xyron to secure each letter on top. They will help Brynn continue to learn the sounds and things that start with each letter. She'll be able to open them and play with each little item inside and learn at the same time. I just need to go pick up a few more for the rest of the alphabet and fill them with little items for each letter. I think I will also print out pictures of some and just glue them on cardstock so I don't spend too much time searching stores for little trinkets to fill each letter tin.



This is a new bow design I tried today. I left off a small "top bow" b/c I didn't like the way it looked and added a button here instead.

3 comments:

Briana said...

Cute stuff!

Tyler-Ashlee's Mommy said...

You're too creative! Briana and you will have to teach me how to create bows.

AndreaLea said...

Those bows are so cute! Are they very hard to make? The Preemie Project is having a craft sale later this month and, as usual, I'm at a loss for ideas!