Friday, July 10, 2009

Urban Decay--my new friend


Thanks to Megan for introducing me to Urban Decay and their eye shadow primer. It's amazing and I can honestly say that my eye shadow looks nearly the same from the time I apply it in the morning to the time I wash it off b/f bed at night. Sometimes I have to reapply my eye liner, but the eye shadow really does stay put. Amazing product. A must buy. Where? Look at Ulta or Sephora to start.

Another must buy? M*A*C makeup's Prep +Prime Skin Base Visage. I have been using this for several months now and really like it. You apply it after you moisturize but before you put on your foundation. It makes everything look smoother as you put it on your face, and it helps cover up pores or areas of your skin that need a little extra "padding." This is on about $20 a bottle and you only need one pump of it. Use a make-up brush and wipe generously all over your face prior to applying your other makeup. I would say it lasts at least a month an a half for me, if not 2 months before I have to go buy another bottle.
**I use the Clinique makeup brush, which is supposed to be good for life if the user takes good care of it and washes it daily/keeps it clean. It's a great makeup brush.


Now what I am looking for is a good loose powder. Anyone have anything good they use that they would NEVER give up? Share it by commenting!

4 comments:

Megan said...

Glad that you like the primer! I'll have to try that Mac product. I have used a foundation primer from Sephora, their store brand, and I like that a lot too. I use Mac Studio Fix for foundation. It's like a powder that covers REALLY well. It's very light, but works great!

April said...

Jenn Jenn turned me on to the Urban Decay a few months ago and it rocks! She did say that towards the end, break off the bottom grey piece of the applicator, it designed well and you leave a LOT in the bottom when you *think* it's empty.

Leigh C. said...

UDPP is the best!!! I <3 MAC's mineralized skin finish products. I wear it everyday, even if I don't wear anything else on my face. It just brightens you up. If they ever discontinue it, I'll die.

abby said...

I have been using the Urban Decay primer for about 3 yrs now, also thanks to Megan :) I now use the knew tinted one. Love it!