Friday, October 16, 2009

Yep Yep

I'm in Iowa for the weekend and I am stoked! I experienced smooth flying today on both of my flights only to arrive in Des Moines without my luggage. This is like the 4th time this has happened to me flying into DM. It pisses me off. Luckily, we waiting about an hour and picked up my luggage safe and sound. Thank God it arrived at 6. I had baby gifts in that suitcase, my clothes, glasses, makeup, everything.

This is the first trip I have taken without both of my children. Usually I have at least one. Not this time. This time I am flying alone. I felt naked. Like I was forgetting so many things. I never just pack for myself anymore. It felt weird. I felt a little bored on the plane. This is the first time I will be away from Baylen overnight. He's 18 months old. I cried when they dropped me off. Brynn cried too. Baylen didn't notice.

So this kid-free weekend schedule includes:

Tonight: went to JSPC football game to watch my brother play. This is the first time I have ever been able to see him play. He's a Senior this year. It's pretty sad that this is my first time, huh?

Tomorrow: ISU Homecoming game. SO excited about that. I might go peruse campus before the game. I wish my kids were with me for that part so I could get some pics...But, nonetheless, it's a night game, which means LOTS of tailgating. :)))))))))) It's gonna be sweet. Pre-game, I want to stop at a little specialty shop in Ames.

Sun: Nik's Baby shower. It's going to be a lot of fun. Then to visit one of my dearest friends and her new baby. :) Then back home to see my family.

Monday: Return to WA.

Short trip, but fun to be here even if it's for a short short time.

3 comments:

Samantha said...

have fun at homecoming! and visiting your friends and family!

Briana said...

So jealous! Hope you had a great time!

And you know, all the flying I did when I was in college...I lost my bags almost every other trip. So annoying! And it always was DM that lost them! I wasn't so lucky to get them back within an hour though. It was usually the next day or the day after.

Tyler's Mommy said...

Hope it was a blast!