Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Bad Parent Rant

Seriously I try not to judge other parents because I know I am not the perfect parent either and kids always tend to misbehave in the worst places possible. However, yesterday when I was sitting in our Ped's office waiting to get called back, I had to hold myself back and bite my tongue. I picked Brynna and Baylen up from daycare and then we went over to the Ped's office b/c Baylen had to get his ears re-checked to make sure all was well and his ear infection was gone. We waited in the waiting room for what seemed like forever. While we were waiting, there was this little boy named Anthony who was an absolute terror. He was Brynn's age--2 and just a little butthead! He was going over to kids he didn't even know and would just intentionally run through their tower of blocks, knocking it over, or go over and kick over the block tower, or clothesline it with his arm. Then he'd go over to the marble/wire toy things on the floor and step on them, walk all over them, jump on them, even when other kids were playing with them. He came over to Brynn and took a Cheerio right out of her hand and just ate it. He even ran over to a little girl and just pushed her out of the way like she was nothing. You should have seen the look on her mother's face when he did that...she pulled her daughter away and I swear she was forcing herself to hold back and not do or say anything to little Anthony. Half the time, his mom would yell across the room, "Anthony! NO! Stop it! Get over here!" And meanwhile, his dad was just sitting there reading like little kid books totally not saying a freaking WORD. The other half, his mom pretended NOT to see him doing anything and would ignore anything he did. UGH It was so irritating. He even tried opening the doors to get in where the nurses come out of to call in patients, he tried pushing over the huge fish tank, and more. His mom finally came over and hold him in her arms and he was fighting her tooth and nail and crying and making a huge fuss. All I could think of was...wow...this kid is out of control. At first I felt sorry for his mom but after awhile, I felt like she is totally allowing this behavior to occur and he is going to just get worse. She never once took him outside. Never once gave him a timeout or a spank. Never once gave him a warning. NOTHING. Ridiculous. I would be exhausted if I were her. They need Super Nanny!!! Actually, they need some freaking guts and they need to learn how to discipline their child. He was OC.

After what seemed like an hour, we were called back and the nurse made the comment, "Wow, it feels really crazy out in the waiting room." I said, "yeah...I had to bite my tongue. Apparently there are parents out there who have no idea how to control their child." She just laughed and told me they have parents who get into it all the time out in that waiting room--one parent will have a crazy kid and the other parent will believe in discipline and arguments ensue. At least I kept my mouth shut.

3 comments:

Tyler-Ashlee's Mommy said...

I would have died if Tyler was doing that. He definitely would have been stopped instantly! Maybe he's not around a lot of kids normally?

Unknown said...

Good for you for biting your tongue... I would have been one of the arguing parents, haha!

Briana said...

I don't think I would have been able to say anything directly to the other parents. Though I would definitely have taken my children in closer to me and spoke outloud about how it would be a safer place to place over here. I would be mortified if my children were acting that way in public!