Monday, February 9, 2009

My sweet girl


is awesome. She's been recognzing colors like a rockstar! She knows all of these colors and can pick them out from a row of items and identify what color it is.

Here are all the colors she knows:

-red
-yellow
-orange
-green
-purple
-pink
-blue

:) It's so cute now that she recognizes pink b/c she looks at something she's wearing and say (without any of us telling her or mentioning anything)..."Look mommy, my shirt is pink!" or, "Mommy, your cheeks are pink!" (after I put on blush) so funny!

Also, today she was informing me about the color of her hair.
Brynn: "Mommy, my hair is brown?"
Me: "Yes it's brown." T
Brynn: "Noooo it's blonde, not brown!"
Me: "Whatever you want, dear."

Also, we have much to celebrate. For the past 2 years, Brynn has been deathly afraid of anyone or anything resembling a mascot. She can't stand the sight of Santa. She won't usually go near any of this kind of stuff and often hides her head or starts crying/throwing a fit. So this story is personal success for her: she was finally able to get close enough to Red, the Robin when we were eating at Red Robin on Friday night. Red is a big, red bird (well, a robin) that is the Red Robin restaurant's mascot. It was so cute. She talked to him (said a few words) and then gave him a high five. He gave her a balloon. She was so excited. She keeps talking about him and now thinks that Cy (when she sees him on TV or on one of my ISU shirts) is Red. So she'll say, "Mom, that's wed wrobin." And I'll say..."no, honey, that's Cy the Cyclone" "Ohhh Cy the Cy-kah-lone? Not wred?" :)

3 comments:

Briana said...

WTG Brynna! That's how Quinn was, knew all his colors really early on. Keep up the good work!

So funny that she thinks the red robin is Cy. There's a college in town here (Keene State College) and their mascot is a red owl and the boys think it looks like Cy too.

Tyler-Ashlee's Mommy said...

Way to go Brynn! I'm totally impressed. Can she come and teach Tyler? Although I'm pretty sure he's colorblind. My dad is colorblind (my brother is not and I'm probably the carrier), so is Justin. His odds aren't looking good.

Unknown said...

Isn't it so fun when they learn this stuff? Blake knows about half of that list, can Brynna tutor him on the rest? Haha. Good for her!