Thursday, February 19, 2009

SCrappin'


I'm on vacation all week--mid-winter break. Though I feel somewhat guilty taking the kids to daycare this week, I keep telling myself it's best for to try and keep them on schedule and routine. Plus, I feel it's necessary to take some time for myself. I rarely do that, and this week, it's my turn to do a few things on my own. YEsterday I took advantage of "me" time and did some scrapbooking. I accomplished 6 or 8 pages worth. There are a few journaling things I need to finish/do but the pages themselves are close to being finished. I uploaded most recent page pics to my Mac Gallery...link over on the right. Inspiration does not always come easy to me these days when I have just a short amount of time to get things done, so I spend about one night a month scouring the internet for scrapbook page ideas and then alter them based on the materials I own and design it in a similar fashion. Or I take parts of ideas and then come up with my own and create a layout. I am no Martha Stewart by any means, but, I enjoy doing this when I can. I would say I am at least half way done w/ Brynn's first year. So much left to do, though!

3 comments:

Briana said...

I so need a week's vacation all to myself! I could really get some scrapping done then!

Samantha said...

Never apologize for taking time to yourself! You deserve it plus, the kids really like being with their friends. I always say, a happy mommy is a happy child! I am jelous, I want some time to myself at home for a week with nobody to wait on!

Sarah said...

S&B-tell grandma you need a week off and a week long babysitter! :)