Wednesday, July 16, 2008

4 Months Old!

Baylen just turned four months old. Where the heck has time gone? I feel like I blinked, and bam, he's already past "newborn" stage. It doesn't seem possible. As he grows older, I am seeing more and more differences between him and his sister. I'll try to post more about that later. Nikki asked me the other night what differences are b/t boys and girls and there are many differences, which is another post in itself.

Lately, Baylen has been really fussy. I am not sure what the deal is with this. I don't know if he's teething, if it's b/c he's constipated, just really tired, a stomachache, his AR acting up, or if he misses his daddy. :( It's so frustrating b/c he will cry and cry sometimes for 30-40 minutes straight. I try everything I can think of to get him to calm down and nothing seems to work. If my dad or mom takes him, then he tends to calm down sooner. He has also not really had a lot of poopy diapers since we have come to Iowa. I don't know why this is happening...if it's the elevation/flying that screwed up his system or what. He went almost 4 1/2 days without going #2...this is unusual for him. I gave him a little apple juice mixed w/ water (an ounce) on two different days to see if it would help. It didn't seem to really work all that well. Now we are on day 3 again of no #2. My diet has not really changed at all, and he's been nursing very regularly, if not more than normal.

Another frustrating thing about this boy: he's not sleeping well at night. At first we thought he was just getting hungry and that was why he was waking in the night. I started him on a little cereal before bedtime and then we fed him a bottle of bm of 6-8 oz. But, he will wake up to get that "last nursing session in" before he'll go down. Last night/this morning he woke up at 1:40 and again at 5. He has been doing this really ornery thing lately too, where he'll get up at 5 and then want to be up and mess around. This is unusual for him. Lately, he is averaging about 7 hours of sleep TOTAL a night, which is not enough for a little guy. He's pretty big, so he should be able to stay sleeping a little longer than he is. This makes for a very TIRED mama...and grumpy. :(

This post wasn't meant to complain about little Mister....he is still a good boy. I love him so much and he's doing many fun things too like...
*lots of cooing/talking
*loves to be played with/interacted/sung to/read to
*gives kisses to mama
*has been squealing
*has been rolling over from both back to front and front to back a few times
*loves the exersaucer
*loves floor gyms
*grabs for rattles and other toys and puts them in his mouth
*found his feet and likes to play with them
*sits in my mom/dad's old baby walker and moves around the living room
*he is a MOVER
*loves tummy time and holds his head up really well
*scoots on his tummy by pushing his feet on floor
*smiles a TON...he is a morning person definitely
*can be pretty easy going when he's not fussy
*loves his paci
*Still in sizes 3-6 mo., 6 mo. clothing
*I've started him on a little rice cereal at night time but not sure if I'll continue it esp. if he's constipated....we'll see on that

Now, on to the pics..which one(s) do you like best?






7 comments:

Dj said...

Hey he's starting to look more and more like his daddy!

Tyler-Ashlee's Mommy said...

They're all cute - second to last one :)

Try putting some kyro syrup in with his milk, if possible. That should help quickly

Briana said...

He's so cute! I like the 1st one and the 2nd to last one the best, but they are all adorable!

Olive went through a phase of not going #2 regularly too and then all of a sudden it stopped and she was back to normal again. I had no idea what the deal was and I didn't really find anything that I did corrected it. Strange now that I think of it, it was right around the time she was turning 4 months because I thought that I'd jsut ask the Pediatrician about it but she stopped doing it right before her appointment so I never mentioned it.

Megan said...

All of those pics are darling! He's such a cutie! Lydia had some problems w/ #2 too. I gave her some pear juice and water and that worked like a charm! Blowout in no time! :)

Unknown said...

Sometimes rice cereal can cause constipation for some kiddos so that could be hurting the cause... you could try cutting that back or switching to the mixed grain kind.

April said...

I like picture #5, there is something about his face. A friend of mine took a picture of her baby next to a doll every month so his dad (and the rest of us) could see how much he grew month to month in relation to the doll.
I can't help with the poop! I'll probably be asking all of you when I have a little one though.

Anonymous said...

What a cutie. He is getting soooo big. London has been real fussy lately too. In the evenings, she likes to throw a screaming/crying fit for about half an hour and nothing we do will calm her down. Hopefully it's just a stage.