Thursday, July 31, 2008

A visit to the Theta House

On one of the Sundays we were in Iowa, we met for dinner at Great Plains for pizza. The A/C was broken, so it was really freaking hot in the restaurant, so that's why we look like we have all run marathons. Anyway, Brynna loved walking around the house and seeing where mommy and a lot of her friends lived for three years. I posted a few more pics of rooms that have been remodeled. It's looking so modern. I like it but then again I miss the "homey" feeling the living room used to have. I guess it probably did look pretty outdated to the new girls! I guess now they are working on the 2nd floor, renovating "New Second" and putting new carpet in the entire 2nd floor hallway. We had a nice chat w/ Mom Terry, who I still keep in touch with on at least a monthly basis. She is doing well and loves that the house is SO FULL! Mannnnn so many memories at this house. *sigh* WARNING: Lots of photos!

Oh..and isn't the new sign BEAUTIFUL?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


















Future Theta? LOL I hope so!

7 comments:

Samantha said...

Where are the leather couches at? Is that in the entry or in the basement? I cannot believe how different it looks. The sign out front is so nice! I can't wait to see it in October!

Sarah said...

The couches are in the foyer/library

Unknown said...

Wow, it looks so nice!

Briana said...

OMG!!! I don't even recognize the house! While it looks gorgeous, I too miss how it used to look. That's what I have memories of. New 2nd definitely needs a bit of love! Can't wait to see everything in October! I saw Mom T in May of 2003 and she met Logan, who was just a little guy then. She must love having all the old Thetas come back to introduce their kiddos!

(Oh and I love your new header! Good job!)

Tyler-Ashlee's Mommy said...

WOW! It looks so different. I do not like the green in the sitting room (foyer, whatever it's called). The living room looks awesome as does the kitchen. I haven't been back since I graduated! YIKES! I hope to stop by at the reunion.

I love the new sign but I did like the one Kim's dad made

LOVE the header

Tyler-Ashlee's Mommy said...

BTW, send me your code for your new blog background and I'll remove that box that gives credit to where you found it (upper left hand corner)

Erin said...

thanks for posting..... I have been anxious to see what the house looks like