Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Happy Birthday, Grandma!

This post is a little overdue. My Grandma Ruth turned 80 on July 24 and we had a BIG party for her on Saturday at my parents' house. It was a really nice party and everyone was able to make it. After hearing about a really cool idea from Megs, I decided I needed to do this too. I asked G'ma to write down her life story or as much as she could remember and told her what I wanted to do with it. I recorded her reading her life story and then I scanned a bunch of photos she gave me and we put it altogether in a cool movie using iMovie. Originally, I wanted to do all of the editing myself but the version of iMovie I had would not allow me to do what I wanted to do it. So, Dj did all of the editing for me, which I was grateful for. It took a lot of time to do, but the end product is really cool. We showed it on her b-day and everyone really liked it. Anyway, I'll have more pics to post later from the actual party, but thought I'd post a couple of my grammy. Yes she's in a swimsuit in one of the pics--she loves to swim and tan in the summer and comes up to our pool to soak up the sun.


Happy Birthday, Grandma!


3 comments:

Briana said...

Love your background. Glad you got it figured out.

I think the only time I've ever seen my grandmotehr in a bathing suit is in photos when she was in her 20s (she's 85 now)

Tyler-Ashlee's Mommy said...

I see that your background is supposed to be different but I don't see anything. Your blog is white??????

Tyler-Ashlee's Mommy said...

Now I can see it. That's one that I picked during my crazy blog changing week :) Let me know if you have PhotoShop and I can send you the header I created to match this and you can change it to go with your blog.