Saturday, July 5, 2008

Sweet Home...Iowa?! LOL

Brynn, Baylen, Mary and I made it safely back to Iowa yesterday afternoon. We had to wake up at 3 a.m. to make sure we were on time to the airport...even though we are only 15 min. away from there, we had to make sure everything was ready to go and we were there by 4 a.m. b/c we had a 5:40 flight. Both Baylen and Brynn were wide awake at 3. They must have been excited too! Anyway, it was a PERFeCT time window for all 4 of us. This was Baylen's first ride on a plane. (Well, third if you count when he was in-utero to IA at Xmas time and to Grand Cayman in Jan.) 0ur Flight from SEA to DEN was on time. We were 2 hours late flying from Denver to Des Moines and we were a little disappointed at first, but once we got on the plane and had two rows to ourselves, Mary and I decided it really wasn't that bad when we had that much room. :) Brynn was so well behaved on the plane rides. She slept the entire time from SEA to DEN and from DEN to DSM. She sat with Mary so it was nice she let Auntie M. hold her the whole way. Baylen was pretty good most of the time. He had a meltdown as we were landing in Denver because he had a really poopy diaper. I am sure some people on the plane were not happy to hear him cry, but seriously, what could I do other than try and soothe him? He HATEs dirty diapers most of the time. Other than that, he was a trooper.

The next few days are always tough b/c jet lag will set in. It takes me about 4 days to get all caught up on sleep, esp after staying up late with the kids when they are trying to get used to new time zone and also when they wake up super early in the morning. I think it will hit Brynn hard tomorrow or Monday. I think it's already hitting Baylen. Tomorrow we are getting up early for church, so this will be our first test for the kids.

We went to the C-town fireworks last night and we were all really impressed how GOOD they actually were. It was quite amazing how "professional" they looked. We couldn't believe it. It was fun. Brynn was a little scared at first, so she sat in my lap. This was her very first live fireworks experience.

Kevin, Emily, Parker, Calleigh and my Uncle/Aunt Tim and Ann are coming to visit today. Kemily is staying for the week, I think and so are the kids. Emily starts her new job this week at Mercy Hosp. in DSM in insurance so I think she is excited about the new job. I am really excited to see everyone and Brynn can't WAIT to see Parker! Those two will be busy having fun together all week, I am sure. It will be nice having another little one her age running around here so she can stay busy and social. She is LOVING my parents' dog, Zoey. She follows her everywhere and loves petting her and talking to her. Baylen loves Zoey too and doesn't mind when she walks up to him laying on the floor and kisses him all over his face!

I will try and post some pics laterrrrr! Maybe today I can sneak in a nap...ha!

2 comments:

Megan said...

Glad you made it home safe and sound! Sounds like you're having a good time! Can't wait to see you!

Briana said...

Glad you're home safely. Sounds like the kids did great on the plane, all things considered.