Tuesday, July 1, 2008

75th posttttt


look at Bay's cool sunglasses. He never squawks when we put them on him. He'll wear them for long periods of time with no complaints!


Brynn loves giving her brother hugs ALL the time! :)


Baylen is laughing at Brynn in this pic b/c she just said, "Hi Baylen!"


Look--almost the same size and 18 months apart in age. I have had several people ask in public if they are twins! LOL

Wow, this is #75....hard to believe I have had that much to write about.

First of all, we are watching America's Got Talent right now and there is this woman who has GINORMOUS boobs. No lie..I mean each one is like the size of an adult's head....if not bigger. Yikes...she just smashed pop cans on her boobs. What the H***? That is not a talent..that is disturbing. D. Hasslehoff just said "If you would have been on Baywatch, we would have lasted another 11 years." LOL Seriously...are those her REAL breasts? Yikes...I bet she has major backaches. Did anyone else see this? wow. I don't know how she could find shirts and/or bras to fit those monsters. I feel bad for her in a way.

Anyway, news on the homefront:
Brynn has been fighting bedtime the past week or so. She doesn't want to lay down until like 9:30. Yikes. I guess it is summer and her routine has been thrown off since she isn't at daycare all day long. Perhaps I shouldn't worry too much. I will try to get her on more of a schedule once we get to Iowa. Her teeth are continuing to bother her...runny nose is back and whines at the drop of a hat on certain days indicate those stupid eye teeth are killing her poor little mouth! She has been doing really well sleeping in her own bed again, which is nice and ROOMY for Dj and I. We know the nights she wakes and refuses to go back in her bed, her teeth are really getting to her. We can't WAIT until these teeth are in...wow..she's been cutting them for like 4 months now. Her teeth are so slow to come in. I think the last time I counted, she only has like 10 teeth total. She started late...9 months was when she got her first one.

Baylen has been doing great with tummy time and loves to chatter at anyone and anything. His feet touch the bottom of the bassinet when he lays in it. I'm surprised it doesn't bother him. He still sleeps well in it though. His sleep patterns are pretty decent....usually will go from 10 p.m.-5:30 a.m. and wakes to eat then goes back to sleep USUALLY until 8 or 9 if we are lucky. sometimes he wants to be up and play at 5:30. not cool. LOL Sometimes he'll wake at 1 or 3 a.m. for a snack and then go back to bed. It just depends. He's definitely getting on a pretty good schedule, though. He still loves his swing and will nap in that in the afternoon at times. I don't know what I"ll do when he's too heavy for that. :(

We are getting really excited to go back to Iowa to the farm for awhile. It will be nice to have the pool to swim in every day and hanging out with my brother, sister, parents, and grandmas. I really miss my family and I am looking forward to spending time with them. We are also looking forward to meeting the new dog, Zoey that my parents adopted not too long ago. We'll get pics...I'm interested to see how Brynn reacts to the dog. She loved the dogs when we went down to the local animal shelter's adopt-a-thon a couple weeks ago. I am also super excited to see all of my dearest friends and meet Miss Lydia and Miss Ashley, two new babies in our circle of friends.

Also, I meant to write this like a week ago, but congratulations to one of my oldest and dearest friends, Katie Cunningham: she and Dave are engaged to be married on January 3, 2009!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations, Kate! :) Can't wait for the fun and planning to begin! :) Look forward to seeing you hopefully in early July! :) Miss you, girlie!

5 comments:

Briana said...

Brynna and Baylen are closer in age than Logan and Quinn are (they are 23 months apart) and we get asked all the time if they are twins, so I can only imagine how many times you'll be asked that same question!

I saw that woman on AGT too! Tell me, how does one discover that she can crush soda cans with her boobs? I just can't imagine sitting around thinking, "Hmmm, what can I do with these suckers? Oh, I know, I'll crush aluminum cans!" There are some weirdos out there, that's for sure!

Oh the eye teeth, those were pretty bad for the boys too. But I think their 2 year molars bothered them more. So bad infact that Logan used to ask me for Oragel at night and he wasn't even quite 2 years old yet. So watch out for those too! But then you'll be happy to know that that is it for a while! Logan hasn't gotten a new tooth since he was 2 and he's almost 6 now. His next ones are coming soon though, I believe.

Glad that baylen is doing so well sleeping! That's great for you guys, I know you had a rough time with Brynna.

I'm jealous as heck that you're going back to Iowa this week! I can't wait to see everyone in October. Who does Ashley belong to?

Tyler-Ashlee's Mommy said...

They say the longer it takes a kid to get teeth, the healthier they are. Maybe that means cavities and braces aren't in her future :)

Tyler has all but his second molars (total of 4). They are supposed to come in at 2, apparently.

Sarah said...

Ashley is Wookie's baby girl. (Josh Sterling is his real name and he was a Phi Kap...a very goo friend of Megan's, Stu's and mine.) I brought him to our formal our senior year in college and he went to house parties with us. He also waitered at our house our senior year for awhile.

Briana said...

Ahh yes, I remember him now.

Megan said...

OMG - Katie, if you're reading this CONGRATS on your engagement!!!! That is SOOOO exciting!!!

Fitz - too funny that your lil porkchop is catching up to bee! Can't wait to meet him!!! I'll see you next FRIDAY!!!!!!!!! I can't wait!!!!