Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Bug Spray

okay we are headed back to IA, the land of mosquitos. Can I put bug spray on my kiddos? how old do they have to be to have bug spray? and what kind do ya'll use? any help/comments would be greatly appreciated...we don't use bug spray out here b/c we just don't have bugs.

:) we leave on Friday morning BRIGHT and early...our flight leaves at 5:40 a.m. Yikes that means I will have ot get up at like 3 a.m. so we can leave here by 4 a.m. I guess I think I'll shower tomorrow night b/f I take "Nap" and have to wake up again to fly on the plane. It will be an exhausting day. :0

6 comments:

Tyler-Ashlee's Mommy said...

How long are you in Iowa? When are you going to be in DSM?

Unknown said...

Not sure about the bug spray thing... we don't have bugs here either. Found this though...

http://www.babycenter.com/0_test-your-health-iq-which-bug-repellents-are-safe-for-your-b_1242548.bc

Have a fun/safe trip!

Sarah said...

We'll be there from July 4-July 30!

Megan said...

The 'squitos are BAD!!! I was just sitting outside for a little bit and I have so many bites. There were tons of posts about bug stuff on the parenting board at work and they all said to make sure to get the family kind and it can be used on babies and infants. Apparently, it says something about "family" on the label/packaging.

Erin said...

I asked the doctor and I was told to use bug spray on katie. just make sure it's deet free

Briana said...

At Olive's 4 month appointment her pedi said that even though in previous years it was not recommended for young babies, it now IS because of the west nile virus and EEE. I used to always get the Deet free one, but now you're supposed to use that apparently. I think we have an Off Skintastic family one. It actually smells nice and sprays on dry. I mostly spray Olive's hat and carseat with it and I use a bug net type thing over the entire thing.