Monday, December 8, 2008

Ice Ice Baby




Yesterday we met our good friends, B, T, and C downtown. There is a winterfest going on and we met to try out the ice skating rink. This was Brian's and Cade's first time skating, as well as Brynn's. I have not been ice skating since the days of ISU when Dj and I would go during free skate at the Hockey rink. Dj has always been good at ice skating b/c he used to play ice hockey. As soon as he entered the ice, you would have never thought he hasn't been on a pair of ice skates for about 10 years. He looked like a pro! Me...not so much. I didn't fall, but my first mistake was that my skates were not tied tight enough. Dj helped me fix them and I was back out feeling and skating much better. I'm no pro like Dj, and I had my moments of trying hard to keep my balance, but overall, I think I did a pretty good job. Brynna enjoyed getting out on the ice. She skated with me for awhile and then with Dj. She was done after about 10-15 minutes, which was fine. She tried it, and that's what matters. Cade loved it too, I think and enjoyed skating around with his dad. Even Baylen made it on the ice with Dad just for a pic, but next year he can hopefully try skating if we can fit his fat feet into some skates! ha! (Future hockey star? Let's hope so, esp. if the NFL doesn't work out!)

Both Brynn and Cade had a lot of fun just hanging out with one another and being silly. We had a really fun day and hopefully we can return next year.





These two had a GREAT time together. Future Boyfriend & Girlfriend? You never know, but if so, Brynn is going to need 3 inch heels to even stand a chance with Cade! haha








Look at these two standing so well on their skates, after only 20 minutes on the ice. Pretty good balance!


Baylen's first ride on the carousel. Brynna would NOT ride it.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Aww, that's so fun! I wanna take Blake ice skating but I will probably wait until spring or summer shen it isn't as busy so I don't have to worry about tons of people being around. They don't start lessons until age 3 so we have awhile for that. Great pics!

Tyler-Ashlee's Mommy said...

Too cute!! I would love to take Tyler but he is constantly falling. He would probably scream on ice :)

Dj said...

Geez, I would say I'm far from a pro. Luckily Goalies don't have to skate around too much!

Briana said...

Looks like fun! I haven't been in years but I love to skate. Logan's school is doing an activity day where we'll all go skate. And by "we'll" I mean Logan, Quinn and I. I made Kevin try it once and it was not fun for me, I was the one holding him up and I was so scared I was going to let him fall. He absolutely cannot even stand up on his own on the ice.

Megan said...

Great pics! Looks like you guys had a great time!