Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Sicky Boy

Baylen is sicky. He stayed home today w/ Dj and slept on him all day long. Poor guy barely ate and just wasn't interested in playing. We took him to the Dr. this afternoon b/c it was the earliest we could get in. He ended up having a double ear infection. The nurse took his temp and he had a fever of 103.8!!! Little mister doesn't smile much right now and just doesn't feel good at all. :( I don't know if he'll make it to daycare tomorrow or not. We'll see if he has a fever in the a.m. and how his night goes tonight. He was up quite a bit two nights ago and last night too. The Dr. prescribed amoxicillin again despite my many attempts to get him to give him something different. Last time he was on these antibiotics, he threw up and had the runny bunnies for like 5 days straight. IT was awful. The Dr. told us that this was the best solution to help him get over this infection and this time prescribed a lower dosage. He said that if he prescribed the alternatives, that it would not necessarily take care of the ear infections and we could be back in again and getting more meds. So I guess we'll have to see how it goes this time around. His cough is terrible and he's all snotty and his eyes are goopy. I feel so bad for him. he did his best to smile for me today and I did manage to get a couple of smiles out of him and so did his sister. She was VERY concerned about him, especially when she didn't see his carseat or him in the car next to her this morning. Here's to hoping he will be okay to go to school tomorrow. FI not, then I'll stay home w/ him. The one thing that is hard about being a teacher and having an unplanned sick day is all the lesson plans I have to write...I have 4 different preps a day...so I have to be REALLY careful how I write plans for the kids. It is tough!!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Poor guy, hope he feels better soon and the meds don't cause the same problems as before.

Megan said...

I hope he feels better SOON! The doc called and all of Lydi's tests came back NEGATIVE! So, who knows what her issue was!