Saturday, December 13, 2008

Let it Snow...Let it Snow...Let it Snow

That's right...our first official snow of the year happened this evening...and is still happening as I type. :) I looked out and saw flakes falling, so I dressed Bee in her snowboots, coat, and hat (actually it's Baylen's hat) and we went out on the deck to see the snow. She has her PJ's on underneath b/c it was about 8:30 at night, but she really liked seeing the snow. She thought it was "bubbles" falling from the sky at first, but then I kept telling her it was snow and finally she made the connection. The last time Brynn has been around snow was when we were in Iowa last year during Christmas time. She wasn't too sure about it then and DID NOT really like it much. I'm hoping the snow will stick overnight and I can take Baylen out to see it and maybe even make a snow angel like Bee did when she was a baby. :)

We don't get snow out here too often in our neck of the woods. So when the white stuff starts fallin', we have to take advantage. There isn't much yet on the ground--probably about an inch or so, maybe 2. If we continue to get snow tomorrow, there is always the possibility of a snow day on Monday or even a delay. When it snows here, the city literally shuts down b/c unlike Iowa who has a million snow plows, I think Seattle has like 2. Total.



No comments: