Thursday, April 16, 2009

Battle Wound!


Baylen received his first black eye from daycare this afternoon. Apparently, another Waddler tackled him and then hit him in the eye with a toy truck. It looks so sore, but he's totally acting fine, like it's no big deal. Every time I look at it, it breaks my heart!!! His teacher said he needs to learn how to fight back a little bit. He's one of the bigger guys in there, so I'm sure he'll get that kid back eventually. Brynn waited to fight back until she was 2 and then started biting. Yikes. Let's hope when he decides to start retaliating that he sticks to pushing and tackling like his cousin Parker. Haha

I'm hoping his eye will heal by Sunday when we go get some new pictures taken at the mall. If not, we'll reschedule when it doesn't look so purple and swollen.

(btw: if you click to blow up this photo, yes his face is dirty. He refused to let me wash his face all the way after dinner and since a bath was in his near future and no one was around, I let it go tonight. but normally he does not run around with a dirty face...that is one of my pet peeves!!!)

4 comments:

Briana said...

Ouch!

Tyler-Ashlee's Mommy said...

OUCH!! I'm sure he'll get the little guy back...you know what they say and it doesn't matter your age: paybacks are hell :)

Megan said...

Ouch! Poor guy!

April said...

He looks tough! He'll learn to throw his weight around soon enough.
You can totally tell I'm the only non-mom weighing in on this... maybe all the meatheads I spend my day with are rubbing off.