Wednesday, April 8, 2009

A new baby in the family




Brynn's new baby arrived on Sunday. (well, actually, she arrived like Wednesday but we didn't give her to Bee until Sunday). First she was baby Juna, then Mary, then Noah and now Baby Addie. She carries this doll everywhere. Baby Addie even eats supper with us in her own high chair. Baby A. sleeps with Brynn at night and travels with her to school in the car each morning. She gets the royal treatment. And she should. This baby was something she picked out all on her own one day when an American Girl catalog came in the mail. I let her look at the mag. and as soon as she looked at the end at the last few pages and saw the "babies" she just stopped and looked at me and said, "ohhhhhh mommmy look! Look at those babies! I want that pink baby, mom!" I had not intended to buy her this baby any time soon. But I saw my window of opportunity and dove in...I told her if she went potty and poo-poo in the potty chair ALL the time, that mommy would buy her that baby. She said, "Okay mommy!" And from that day on, she started going in the p.c. like seriously every single time she sat on it. I was amazed! She kept telling everyone, "I get a new baby if I go peepees and poopoos Allllllll the time." So cute. We looked at the catalog quite a bit and I let her pick out which baby she wanted. I ordered it the week before spring break. When we brought the box in and let her open it, as soon as that baby was out, she hugged it and has not put it down since. She kept saying, "Thank you for the new baby, daddy. Thank you for the new baby, mommy!"

Needless to say, we're thankful Baby Addie worked. Now she's trying to tell me she needs the swimsuit and a baby bed for her baby so I told her she had to give up her paci to get that suit and a crib for her doll. She tells me every day on the drive home she's going to throw the "paci in the trashy," but so far, she "forgets" she said that earlier and takes it to bed w/ her. ha!

5 comments:

Briana said...

Awww, that's so cute! Glad that incentive worked for her! Let's hope she gets that swim suit and crib soon!

Tyler-Ashlee's Mommy said...

Too cute! Hope she gets the crib and swimsuit soon!

Samantha said...

I wish boys liked dolls! My kid will be stuggled up to a truck! No nearly as adorable. What a great way to have her "earn" her dolly. Congrats to Bee!

April said...

My neighbor's son drew fangs on his sister's American Girl doll and used it to play tug o' war with the dog. Apparently you can send them to the "hospital" and they come back from the factory all fixed up in scrubs with "discharge papers/good bill of health" once they're repaired. Mind you, the son is younger than the daughter... so just in case she p.o's Baylen, now you know!
I'm glad it worked though Nothing like some incentive!

Megan said...

How dear!! I'm glad she loves her doll! I suppose this is just the beginning of the American Girl doll craze for Brynn! It sure is a fun one though! I can't wait to get Lydia interested in them someday!