Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Run Down

I am run down, literally. Sick w/ some sort of cold or sinus infection. I am filling myself full of DayQuil and NyQuil.

I lost my voice. Really--it's been gone since Friday.

Baylen recently started saying "no" and "moh" for More

Brynn has been pooping in the potty at school and has slept in big girl undies for 3 nights in a row...woke up dry all 3 mornings so far. This was ALL her--she started to refuse to wear pull-ups. My pocketbook thanks her as pull-ups are ridiculously priced. We are so proud of her.

Baylen has been okay the past 3 nights drinking from a sippy instead of his beloved bottle. But since Friday he's been fighting bedtime a bit. Not sure what that is about.

Bay has his ENT check-up tomorrow to check in on his tubes situation.

WASL testing has been going on last week and this week. I now know why I hate WASL testing. ugh. Kids are nutty rest of the day and we don't get our planning periods every day, which is rough!

The weather has been beautiful lately. Love it. But it does not help the WASL testing and students calming down issue one bit.

We are in 4th quarter...I can't believe school will be over in a short 2 months. This time of year brings: busy, crazy yahoo-ish days. This quarter brings 8th graders who are looney, nutty, scared-to-go-to-high school-so-they-act-like-5th graders-syndrome. Argh...some days that syndrome drives me bananas. I think I have been doing a good job of staying calm, however. My 5th period class, which was one of my favorites, has now gone completely nuts with the arrival of a new student (not her fault) and right after we filled out high school applications they have not regained their self control...and my once nutty 6th period has become very pleasant and well behaved (ever since we had our "power player" leave our class and the school). The tables have turned, it seems. I'm okay with it though. I always knew 6th period had it in them.

B/c the weather has been nice and I've finally had some time after school, I've been walking and jogging the track outside. It feels good to do something for just me for a change.

I need to vote for American Idol b/f I go to bed. I'm planning to vote for Adam like 100 times. LOL

1 comment: