Thursday, April 30, 2009

Things you should never say to middle schoolers

I am sure there have been more than two instances I can think of, but one of them happened today, which is the reason for this post.

The first story is something I said about 6 years ago to my class...

Example 1: the kids were working on colonial letters. I was showing them how to darken their paper and make it look "old" by taking a tea bag, soaking it in water and then coloring the paper until they reached the darkness they were seeking.

Me: So when you are tea-bagging it, make sure you soak the bag for only about 10-15 seconds"

Student: Ms. Fitz, you sure you want us to tea bag it?

Kids: die laughing

Me: you guys are nasty!



Example 2: This one happened today. I handed out the letters regarding swine flu to all the students. It went a little something like this.

Me: It is really important that you take this letter home to your parents. You also need to know this letter lists all the possible symptoms of the flu and if you have any of them, you should probably stay home and go see a doctor. It's also important that you keep washing your hands often: after you go to the bathroom, after you eat, before you use the computers and especially after you've played in the gym at lunchtime with those dirty balls!"

Conner: starts giggling and just loses it. some other kids laugh too.

ME: I start laughing so hard I start crying.

Me: Get your minds out of the gutter!

Kids: laughing and laughing

Conner: haha she said dirty balls!

gotta love middle schoolers

4 comments:

Briana said...

Haha!

Tyler-Ashlee's Mommy said...

Ha! At least they make your work fun :)

Megan said...

oh geez!! that is too funny!

Samantha said...

I so love it!