Thursday, April 2, 2009

Last weekend was nice...



We have had a bit of wacky weather around our parts lately. Snow in April? Unheard of here, but, yesterday, it actually snowed. It didn't stick, but still, it gives us this feeling that spring is still so far away. Usually in March we have a few nice, warmer-ish days, but so far, we've had maybe 1 or 2 that have been nice. The kids become stir-crazy when we cannot go outside and run off some energy. Sunday was a sunny but brisk day. We promised Brynn some "slide" and "trike" time so we bundled up the kiddos and went outside for awhile. Baylen decided to max and relax in the wagon ride, as you'll see in one or two of the pictures. That was really funny to watch. Anyway, Brynn has recently learned to pedal her trike and it's so cute to watch. I tried to get it on tape, but I don't know if I did a very good job of that. Her feet finally reach the pedals, so it is exciting to see her moving that trike on her own. Sometimes Dj has to help her steer it in our little parking lot area b/c there are some dips and the bike easily tips when it's on a decline. But, for the most part, she did really well pedaling. :)

Brynn was kind enough to let Baylen wear her bike helmet and ride her tricycle for a bit after she was done. Baylen was so excited to try out the bike and didn't mind wearing a helmet one bit. That was also cute to see him get so excited, since he loves doing everything Brynn does. What was interesting is when we pulled them in the wagon to the little playground, she did not want to do anything Baylen was doing. If he was swinging, she wanted to be on the slide. If he was sliding, she wanted to swing. Separation already? I was so not ready for that!!!

You know another thing I was not ready for so soon? Her talking back. Now when I ask her to do something and she doesn't do it, I'll start counting 1, 2, (1, 2, 3 Magic) and then by the time I get to 2 she says really snappy "Okayyyyy I willllllll!" I'm like...what? that's starting already? I can't imagine how bad it will be by the time she's 16. Yikes. She's as stubborn and emotional as me...we are in trouble. Big Time.






2 comments:

Megan said...

Those are great pictures! I love their sunglasses! Looks like they had tons of fun.

Briana said...

Bay is too funny just chillin' in the wagon!

I love the photo of Brynna clapping for him on the bike.

(Oh and about that sassiness, sorry, it'll only get worse before it gets better. Logan hasn't hit an age yet that was better than the one before in terms of back talking. So frustrating!)