Saturday, August 29, 2009

First REAL haircut

Baylen received his first REAL haircut today. He had these beautiful long curls growing in the back, but it was starting to get a little out of control. For instance, he would wake up in the morning and the back of his head looked like a rat's nest. Or, he would look like he had a mullet...business in the front, party in the back type of look. We had to fix this problem. I did not want to cut the curls. I loved his curls. But, he is a boy and we had to control the "nest/mullet" look. Ali helped cut a "hawk" cut for us and so now we can give him a mohawk everyday if we want. He sure does look like such a little boy now.

And of course, I decided I needed a change, as I always do right before school begins. I opted for a much darker color with just a few "chunky" spots of blonde and then cut it in a wedge style this time, with more layers and bit more depth, and more options when I style it.

BEFORE:




AFTER




Of course, Brynn had to get her haircut too..just her bangs though. Then Ali put a cute little "mai tai" in her hair which is a cool little way to "tie" her hair into a little knot. It is super easy to do and super cute when it's done.

2 comments:

Samantha said...

Love the new doo on both of you! I totally understand the "fixing" of the mullet, been there, done that!

Tyler-Ashlee's Mommy said...

Baylen looks so grown up and I LOVE your hair!