Tuesday, August 11, 2009

So You Think She Can Dance...I hope so!



This afternoon, I signed Brynn up for dance lessons. She will take them through a nearby dance academy once a week, learning tap dancing and ballet. I am so excited and I think she will be once she actually starts going to dance and seeing how it all works. We have to get a few items before it starts, which is in late September. It's nice because our daycare transports them to and from the lessons and at the end of the year, they perform in the fancy 5th Avenue Theatre downtown. :) I always wanted to be in dance growing up, but it was pretty expensive and too far for my parents to drive to when we were growing up. Am I starting to live vicariously through my child? Maybe a teeny bit. She enjoyed swim lessons so much and progressed so much in just a few short weeks, that I hope dance will do the same for her. Plus, I want to expose her to the arts as much as I can.

4 comments:

Megan said...

How fun!! I can't wait to hear all about it! I always wanted to be in dance too (when I was little) so I'm excited to expose Lydia to it. All of our little neighborhood girls are dancing at the state fair... it's really fun to hear about all of their performances!

Tyler-Ashlee's Mommy said...

Oh, she will LOVE it! I started dance at 3 and did it until I was 8 (decided to take a break but never went back). I did tap and ballet. My niece dances; she had huge stage fright at 4 (so they pulled her for a year) and now at 6, she can't get enough. She also loves gymnastics. Maybe Brynn would like that too?

Briana said...

I'm sure she'll love it, not to mention look so adorable in the outfits!!! I can't wait to put Olive in dance! I never did it, so i can't wait for her to try.

abby said...

I did tap and ballet from 3-5, then quit because I wanted to play soccer! I don't regret it (seriously, you've all seen me "dance") but I think my mom was heartbroken!