Saturday, August 15, 2009

Funny Convos #445, 446, & 447


I often have to hold back my laughter whenever I am having a conversation with my almost-3-year-old daughter these days.

yesterday at the dinner table:

Brynn: Mom, look at my belly. Look at my belly button. (holding up her shirt as she's saying it)

Me: Yes, I can see that.

Brynn: Let me see your belly button.

Me: No, mommy doesn't lift up her shirt to show her belly, especially at the table.

Brynn: Oh yeah...because you have boobs.

Me: Um...yes, that is er, exactly right, my dear.

(NOTE: she is totally obsessed with all body parts these days. I mean all of them.)


And then tonight:

Me: Brynn, do you want to go outside after dinner?

Brynn (excited): Yes! That would be GREAT!



Last night during wiener dog races:

Tami's aunt's dog raced, her name is Tahoe.

After the second heat where Tahoe placed 6th, the dog was being carried back and Brynn says:

"Look mom, there's the racing dog!"



A few nights ago:

ME: Brynn, you have to be careful with your brother! YOu can't push him like that.

Brynn: Oh yeah, mom, because he's just a little guy..."


Other funny stuff:

a couple weeks ago out of the blue she asks:

"Mom, who is my grandfather?" (she knows her papas of course, but she had never heard the term, grandfather...I told her the answer)


And lately she will ask exactly like this: "Mom, what time it is?"
always curious what the time is, as well as declaring the kind of weather we're having..."Mom it's sunny out." or "Mom, it's raining outside." Or mom, "It's cloudy out." etc. etc.

She is also into constant bargaining for more time. I'll say, "Two more minutes!" and she'll come back with, "No, mom, FIVE more minutes!" and try and strike a deal with me. She rarely wins that game.

2 comments:

April said...

Where did she pick up the term "boobs"?!?! I can't see you and DJ letting that one out with two little sponges in the house! I guess it's better than some words she could have called them...

Tyler-Ashlee's Mommy said...

The boobs one made me laugh out loud! Hahaha....I can't wait for these to start. This past weekend, Tyler started repeating the TV so that's our new fun adventure.

Tyler already tries to strike a deal on time, only he can't count past 5 and seems to like 2 more minutes best, hahaha