Sunday, September 13, 2009

Brynnie's turning 3!



Today we hosted Brynn's 3rd Bday party for her friends. This is her first extended invitation party to friends in her daycare. Last year, we invited a three close friends to her 2nd bday and that was perfect. This year, we invited 13 kids and we had 12 altogether at her party (including her and Baylen). It was fun to see all of her friends at the party and I think all of them had fun. We decided to have it at a local "gym" similar to The Little Gym, except this one is privately owned. They were able to play with ribbon wands and shake them in different shapes to music, walk on the balance beam, jump on the long trampoline, swing on the zip line, swing on the bars, and swing on a rope. They even played a hula hoop/musical hoops game. The kids had fun and then after the activities, we went in and had juice, apple slices, strawberries, plain goldfish, cupcakes and Pirate's Booty. :) Brynn chose Hello Kitty as her theme.

Each child received a goody bag. The boys had a hackie sack ball (bball, football or soccer ball), sports stickers, sports tattoos inside their bags, along with some Nibs Dj and I put into candy bags. The girls received the Nibs as well, along with Hello Kitty tattoos, a hair bow (each received a different one that I made), and a little necklace. Everyone received a Hello Kitty ring, which they pulled off of their cupcake after we sang, "Happy Birthday" to Brynn.

I made the cupcakes (just from a box) and then took the frosting and used red food coloring to make the pink frosting. Then I used my new Pampered Chef frosting tools to make a cool spiral design with the frosting on top of the cupcakes. I sprinkled a little sugar on the cupcake and then stuck a cute Hello Kitty ring on top. :) They turned out cute.

Dj snapped a bunch of pics that hopefully are better than mine as I spent a lot of my time getting the back party room ready as well as chasing crazy Mister around!




5 comments:

Unknown said...

Very cute! Happy 3rd Birthday Brynn!

Briana said...

So cute! Looks like she had tons of fun!

Megan said...

Looks like a great party! Cute cupcakes and treat bags!!

Samantha said...

1. I am wishing we had something like that here.
2. She is a doll
3. Looks like fun was had by all!

Tyler-Ashlee's Mommy said...

Look at you Mrs. Crafty! I'm impressed; looks like a ton of fun.

LOVE the cupcakes and what a great place to have the party :)

And I'm going to add Brynn's bday to my calendar, no idea how it's not listed. Sorry about that. It's officially today, correct?