Sunday, September 6, 2009

The Greatest Show on Earth!


This afternoon, we went to the circus. It was a Ringling Bros. and BB Circus, so it was a good show. Brynn and Baylen both just loved the circus. Baylen was grinning ear-to-ear the first hour of the show and I have never seen him sit that long and be interested in something EVER. :) It was so fun to see him loving the animals and all the action in the rings. It has been a LONG time since I have seen a circus and I must say that this was a great show. It was about 2 hours long, and we saw clowns, elephants, tigers, horses, zebras, dogs, tight-rope walkers, girls shot out of a canon, singers, dancers, and so much more. Brynn just loved every minute of it and said her favorite PART was the horses, elephants, the dogs and zebras! haha

We arrived about 45 minutes before the show to see if we could meet some of the performers and see some animals up close. We did see a clown and a couple of performers, but Brynn and Cade did not want to talk to them, shake their hand or get their photo with any of them. Brynn did not like the clowns at all up close. I figured this would happen. :) Right after she saw the clown she said, "Mom, I want to go sit in my seat!" Yeah, I know honey, you don't like clowns. LOL Cade was on the same page as Brynn--getting to our seats as soon as possible. I was a little nervous watching the tigers perform b/c most of them looked like they were pretty angry and didn't want to be out in that ring doing anything. They had quite a few Bengal Tigers, both orange and white in color. The tigers were gorgeous. They had 11 elephants that came out and nearly the same amount of tigers. They had about 7 zebras and about 11 horses, including a beautiful black stallion. There were about 15 dogs that performed as well.

I would say the only part of the circus I was disappointed with was the expensivo items, such as a small box of popcorn for $5, cotton candy for $11, sno cones for $15, and lemonade for $9. All of the circus "toys" were like $15 and UP. We didn't plan on buying any circus paraphernalia, but for goodness sake...charging that much for food was quite ridic in my opinion. This was B&B's first time having cotton candy and Baylen liked it a lot, and Brynn ate some, but didn't keep asking for more. I thought for sure she would eat half a bag of it.

All in all, a great first trip to the circus. I think this was Dj's first circus as well and he liked it and the cotton candy too. While there, we noticed that Disney on Ice will be coming to the same venue in November. Brynn really wants to go and so do I, so we'll more than likely get tix for that too. :)






Baylen fell asleep about an hour after it started. HE LOVED the first hour to pieces!







2 comments:

Tyler-Ashlee's Mommy said...

I'm debating whether to go early too but am thinking I might pass. If Brynn didn't like the clowns, surely Tyler will not!

Bekah said...

I think I was the only person that I know that liked clowns when I was a kid. And I loved them. Looks like it was a lot of fun! And those food prices - INSANE!