Saturday, September 19, 2009

Getting the Ears Pierced

Brynn had her ears pierced today and it was one of her presents from her mommy and daddy for her birthday. She did such a good job. She was definitely on board, agreeing to get them pierced. We went to this cute little girl's boutique where they offer ear piercing, up-do's, manicures and pedi's for little girls, their friends, and even their moms. :) It was a cute little place. Anyway, she picked out her earrings right away, which was a little flower design with the colors of "diamond" and pink. Then, she sat in my lap and they marked her ears up with the marker and looked them over. Then, they brought out the guns and I had to hold her head straight b/c she kept moving. As soon as they brought the gun to her ears, I could feel her tensing up and holding her breath. Then they counted, "!, 2" and shot the guns into her ears. At first, she had no reaction. Then, a couple seconds later, she cried!!! I think she was a little shocked that it actually would hurt. haha But then after about 30-45 seconds of crying, the ladies offered her a sucker, and the tears disappeared. :) She claims her ears do not hurt and she has not messed with her earrings one bit. It's seems like she is feeling no pain right now. We'll see how it goes tomorrow. :) overall, it was a really fun but bittersweet experience...just another reminder that my baby girl is no longer a baby.

Sitting waiting...

Marking her Ears...

The Piercing...

And Some TEARS:

The Aftermath:

5 comments:

Megan said...

Oh Brynn is growing up so fast! Glad that she was such a trooper! That shirt is really cute! :) Lydia got a cute "Miss January" onsie for her 1st bday, kind of the same concept.

Briana said...

Glad it went well. She looks so cute!

We've decided not to pierce Olive's ears until she's old enough to ask to have them done and to be able to take care of them. I was 6 when mine were done.

I just made Olive a shirt like that with "Miss January" on it. Too cute!

Samantha said...

So fun! I remember having my ears pierced at age 5. I then HAD to have them double pierced but I never wear earrings in the double pierced hole. Earrings are a staple for me, I may look like crap one day but I will sure as hell have earrings in!

AndreaLea said...

Um, do they make the Miss September shirt for big girls? =D It would make a great birthday party bar crawl shirt.

Tyler-Ashlee's Mommy said...

Very cute and so grown up!! She's going to love having her ears done (and love the shirt!)