Friday, August 1, 2008

"I must have looked like that..."

On our way home to WA on Wednesday, we had a long layover in Denver. We were sitting near a family who had SEVEN children. They were all flying to WA to see family and were from the Denver area. Their kids ranged in age from 12 to 2 months old, with 5 boys and 2 girls. I silently wondered if they would have any more children. Two of their girls, age 7 and 5 came over to talk to us/meet Brynna and Baylen. They were asking lots of questions about both kids and telling us all about themselves and their brothers and sisters--very sweet girls. I kept thinking how much $ it must have cost them to have airplane seats for all but one of their kids--wowzers! I also couldn't help but notice how calm both parents were--really patient and kind, and you could just tell their kids were being raised in such a peaceful environment. I also wondered how they could look so calm and collected and not tired. :0

Anyway, when we landed in SEA, the mom stopped me on my way out of the bathroom and asked me how far apart my two kids were. I replied, "18 months." She responded, "ahhh yes...my first two were 16 months apart and I kept looking at you thinking that's what I must have looked like." I didn't know exactly what she meant by that...hopefully meaning I didn't look overtired, stressed, and/or crazy, and instead, just BUSY and have bags full of BABY STUFF. ha! I told her that "yes, we were busy, but she must be REALLY busy with seven and I couldn't imagine what that would be like." She said so calmly, "well, they get older and then they help out." Hmmm what a concept. :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That's a cute family pic