Friday, May 1, 2009

check up



Baylen, (but you can call him TANK) had his 1 year check-up a month late on Thursday. He weighed in at 26 pounds, 12 ounces and is 32 1/4 inches tall. This puts him in the 90%ile for weight and 95%ile for height. If he continues to maintain his growth, he will be between 5'9 and 5'11. Here's to hoping we have at least one tall child. :) Dr. D. said he is very proportional in height and weight, which is good...he's a solid, big boy. Don't we know?! :) He is now officially heavier than his sissy!

We have tried to find some cute sandals for him to wear for summer and I wanted to get him these CUTE leather flip flops with backs to slide on his ankles, but the tops of his feet are so fat that I couldn't even get it on. I couldn't even slide it on over his foot! It looks like Crocs will be one of the only kinds of shoes that will fit him this summer. We need to go to Stride Rite and see what they have for sandals. He needs double extra wides! :) Thank goodness I have a girl who can wear all sorts of cute shoes. She and Baylen both wear size 6!

2 comments:

Megan said...

We have the same problem w/ flip flops for Lyd! I need to go to Stride Rite too. I didn't think about crocs, I'll have to look for some of those. Lyd still has him beat for weight... she's a whopping 29 lbs 4 oz, but proportional too; so a-ok!!

Tyler-Ashlee's Mommy said...

Tyler and Bay are similar; I bet he'll slim down over the next year :)

Let me know what you find for sandals as we're not finding any either! I don't do cartoon characters.