Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Elmo's Green Thumb!


Us getting ready to go to the show

Brynn is SO excited!



Last night, I took Brynn to see a Sesame Street Live production called Elmo's Green Thumb. My parents sent Bee $ to go see the show as part of her Easter present. I wasn't quite sure what to expect, but was pleasantly surprised to see how awesome this show was. Brynn knew that she was going to the show and the night before, she was so excited that she could not get to sleep! When we left for the show, she was sure she was going to see Ernie. "Mommy, I see Ernie tonight!" I kept telling her that we should wait and see who was there because I didn't want her to get her hopes up if only some of the characters were in the show.

Once we arrived, we stopped to look at the venders and she asked to buy an Elmo spin toy that lit up and spun when she pushed the button. She was playing with that thing on and off while watching the performance. We also purchased a program. As soon as the show started, her eyes were glued to the stage. She danced and clapped and kept pointing at all the different SS characters shouting, "Look mommy, there's Elmo! Look mommy, there's Big Bird! Look, there's Ernie!" It was so cute. At intermission, I asked her if she needed to go to the bathroom and she said, "Nooooo I don't have to go potty!" and started crying thinking I was going to make her go and she was so afraid she was going to miss the show. :) (I didn't take her.) I kept asking her if she wanted a drink or some popcorn and she'd take a bite or a drink but often told me, "Mommmm I'm fiiiiine!' She acts so grown up these days it kills me.

Our seats were awesome--we had a nice view and we were close enough to the stage but far enough away that no characters came close enough to "greet" us as they did many others who sat in the front. She would not have cared to meet them face-to-face...but from our seats, she was waving at all of them. :) There were, of course, a lot of kids there, mostly around ages 2-4. If the show comes again next year, we'll definitely take both of the kids...but I am glad I didn't take Baylen this year. He just would not have really paid attention to it and would not have lasted sitting that long.

after the show was over, she kept telling me, "Mommy, I love ELmo. I saw him in stage. I loved the show, mom!" Very cute. We had a blast! Thank you Gramma Cindy and Papa Kevin! She just LOVED the show and asked me today when we're going back. :)



a pic of the show

another pic of the show...best I could get in the dark




4 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad she had fun... and that you guys had some mother daughter time!

Briana said...

Awww, glad she had such a good time! We haven't been to a show like that since the Wiggles when Logan was probably jsut over 2. I actually cried because he was so excited and I was just overcome.

Megan said...

That is soooo fun!! Glad that you two could have the evening together! I can't wait to take Lydia to something like that!

Tyler-Ashlee's Mommy said...

When we saw Elmo, we got that toy too. Tyler still plays with it all these months later!

I'm glad she liked it. Tyler was happy to see Elmo as long as he stayed far away from him :)